Affirmation of Faith
AS A BODY OF BAPTIZED BELIEVERS, a congregation of the converted and a community of ministers, we do hereby solemnly, seriously, and publicly and boldly affirm our faith.
We believe in God the Father, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, our Lord who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried. On the third day He rose from the dead, and ascended into heaven and sits on the right hand of God the Father. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit and the Holy universal church, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life everlasting.
We furthermore pledge that:
- In the area of discipleship, we will be obedient and disciplined followers of Christ.
- In the area of worship, we will regularly worship God in Spirit and in truth both publicly and privately.
- In the area of stewardship, we pledge to cheerfully give the tithe and generously contribute our offerings for the advancement of this church and the kingdom of Christ throughout the world.
- In the area of membership, we will be active in ministry and will abide by the rules and regulations of this church.
- In the area of leadership, we will love, respect, and support the pastor as head of the church, under Christ. To support the overall leadership of the church, and be leaders ourselves for the cause of Christ.
- In the area of fellowship, we will be a friend to the church and the members of the church in order to foster an atmosphere of Christian hospitality and love.In the area of citizenship, we pledge to participate in our community as a catalyst to its conversion into the kingdom of God.
We moreover declare that:
- We seek no position, but a place of service.
- We seek no power, but Holy Ghost power.
- We seek no glory, but the glory of God.
- We have no fear, but the fear of the Lord.
- We have no by-laws above the Holy Bible.
- We have no creed, but the example of Christ.
- We have no law, but the law of love.
- We have no weapon, but the Word of God.We have no God, but the Father of Jesus Christ.
Finally, we resolve, that by the Grace of God and the aid of the Holy Spirit, we will translate this affirmation from our lips to our lives to the glory of God.
PRAISE THE LORD!